[Eeglablist] about applying ICA on 60 channel EEG

Kourosh Maboudi kourosh.maboudi at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:27:22 PDT 2012

Dear list,

I'm working on motor imagery EEG classification. I use dataset IIIa from
BCI competition III. As you may know this dataset has 60 EEG channel and at
first I want to proccess data by applying ICA. I don't have channel
locations, so I can't make ICs topographic maps by demixing matrix and use
those to choose between high number of output ICs. So, I need use some
other features to do this. In my mind, somehow I should reduce the number
of ICs that I want to choose between them first but I don't know how to do
it.
please suggest your opinion about best procedure that I can employ to
choose between ICs. thank you in advance.

Kourosh Maboudi,
Master of science,
Electrical engineering department,
Iran University of Science and Technology