[Eeglablist] about dipole fitting with DIPFIT2

Hui-bin Jia 420247417 at qq.com
Fri Jun 1 05:17:36 PDT 2012

Hi,everyone
      I have some questions about "setting model and preferences". The wiki tutorial(http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/A08:_DIPFIT) gives us two solutions. In the first solution, "no co-registration is required". But in the second solution, we will need to align or co-register our electrode locations with the head model.  And  the solution for the sample dataset(eeglab_dipole.set) is the first solution.
      If I use the first solution,  the dipole positions of component 3 and component 5 were far from the dipole positions of component 3 and component 5  which were given in this page.   If I use the second solution, the dipole positions of component 3 and component 5 were the same as the dipole positions of component 3 and component 5  which were given in this page.
     So I think the correct solution is "SOLUTION 2", not "SOLUTION 1".  Am I right?
     Thank you !
 Hui-bin Jia