[Eeglablist] about dipole fitting with DIPFIT2

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sat Jun 23 10:17:21 PDT 2012

Dear Hui-bin,

you should always check that your channel montage is coregistered (aligned) with the DIPFIT model by pushing the "Manual coregistration" button. The channel in your montage and in the model must have (approximately) the same 3-D location. In some cases -- when your montage and the model use the same channel coordinates -- registration is not required. EEGLAB will attempt to detect automatically which coregistration is required -- in case you are using standard channel locations -- but it is always good to double check.