[Eeglablist] Does EEGLAB work with EMOTIV systems

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:23:45 PDT 2012

Josh -

Re the Emotive head set: So far as I know, this is the first multi-channel
(14 chan) wireless EEG system to be introduced at a (relatively) low price
point.

A group in Denmark have told us they plan to soon release open source
software for dealing with this headset and for linking it to mobile phones
-  I hope they may also include or make simple a function to import the
data into EEGLAB.

Once their software is available, likely someone at SCCN may integrate an
Emotiv driver into our ERICA real-time interactive software environment,
now using LSL (lab streaming layer) software (soon to be documented).

Another group in Germany now has a report in press in which they attached
the electronics of the Emotiv headset directly to standard electrodes
mounted in an electrode cap, with encouraging results.

There are other 16-24 channel wireless headsets including dry (chip)
electrodes coming onto the market - whether any will be introduced at a low
price point I don't know....

Scott Makeig

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM, findjoshgold at gmail.com <
findjoshgold at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking at purchasing the EMOTIV research system and wondering if
> anyone knows if EEGLAB can be used with EMOTIV and do they have any
> resources on how to get the data across.
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Josh Gold

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation; Prof. of
Neurosciences (Adj.), University of California San Diego, La Jolla CA
92093-0559, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott