[Eeglablist] Does EEGLAB work with EMOTIV systems

Philipp Leppert leppert at eye-square.de
Tue Jun 19 01:40:48 PDT 2012

Hi Josh,

we imported the Emotive RawData into EEGlab before but the noise-ratio
was not too convincing.
I guess you are not interested in the post import of the raw-data?

best regards
Philipp

Am 19.06.2012 00:23, schrieb Scott Makeig:
> Josh -
>
> Re the Emotive head set: So far as I know, this is the first
> multi-channel (14 chan) wireless EEG system to be introduced at a
> (relatively) low price point.
>
> A group in Denmark have told us they plan to soon release open source
> software for dealing with this headset and for linking it to mobile
> phones -  I hope they may also include or make simple a function to
> import the data into EEGLAB.
>
> Once their software is available, likely someone at SCCN may integrate
> an Emotiv driver into our ERICA real-time interactive software
> environment, now using LSL (lab streaming layer) software (soon to be
> documented).
>
> Another group in Germany now has a report in press in which they
> attached the electronics of the Emotiv headset directly to standard
> electrodes mounted in an electrode cap, with encouraging results.
>
> There are other 16-24 channel wireless headsets including dry (chip)
> electrodes coming onto the market - whether any will be introduced at
> a low price point I don't know....
>
> Scott Makeig
>

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM, findjoshgold at gmail.com
> <mailto:findjoshgold at gmail.com> <findjoshgold at gmail.com
> <mailto:findjoshgold at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I am looking at purchasing the EMOTIV research system and
>     wondering if anyone knows if EEGLAB can be used with EMOTIV and do
>     they have any resources on how to get the data across.
>
>     Many Thanks,
>     Josh Gold

>     For digest mode, send an email with the subject "set digest mime"
>     to eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu
>     <mailto:eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu>
>

> --
> Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
> Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation; Prof. of
> Neurosciences (Adj.), University of California San Diego, La Jolla CA
> 92093-0559, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott <http://sccn.ucsd.edu/%7Escott>

... PHILIPP LEPPERT
     Director Planning

... eye square GmbH
     Schlesische Str. 29-30 (F)
     D-10997 Berlin
     Germany

... Fon +49 30 698144-22
     Fax +49 30 698144-10

... http://www.eye-square.com
     leppert at eye-square.com

Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Partner: Michael Schiessl
Steuernummer/Tax No.: 29/506/02764
USt.Id.Nr./VAT No.: DE210454419
Registergericht/Court of Registry: Charlottenburg HRB 76686