[Eeglablist] Does EEGLAB work with EMOTIV systems

Tom Campbell tom_campbell75 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:19:58 PDT 2012

Hi, Looking at the header from your 2-minute emotiv measured edf into EEGLAB 11, this is what I see:
 http://imgur.com/vZjtbhttp://i.imgur.com/XDszl.png with the default filters in BESA, this looks quite like EEG, with blinks apparent:http://i.imgur.com/wZqSM.pngScrolling through, I see no saturation, which is what Alois's warning might make us worry about. There are 151 unique data values for F3 in steps of 0.512820513 in EEG.data for that channel.This compares wtith 18851 unique data values in a 2-minute channel read in from a .bdf from  a biosemi that showed smaller steps for 0.0312 with digital max at 8388607, digital min at -8388608
, physical max at 262143  and physical min at -262144  in the header. This biosemi .bdf got the same warning. I think the use of saline electrodes may be the main source of noise for the Emotiv system.  Best regards, Tom