[Eeglablist] epoching based on several triggers

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:34:13 PDT 2012

Hi Mirek,

You should be able to choose multiple triggers in pop_epoch (at the command
line you can do pop_epoch( EEG, {1 2 3 4}) or in the GUI you can
Control+click multiple triggers); by default, however, I think this will
make two epochs for each of what should be one epoch. Makoto's suggestion
to rewrite the triggers is probably the best. Another option is that you
could epoch the file based on only Word vs. Nonword triggers (assuming that
all events have at least one of those, then you won't miss any epochs, and
you'll still have the Correct vs. Incorrect information in EEG.epoch or for
each epoch).

Best,
Steve

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 6:12 AM, mirek <3mirek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just encountered a problem when creating epochs from continuous signal.
> To make it simple: I have two kinds of triggers marking two conditions:
> word vs nonword and correct vs incorrect responses. Each of the
> experimental stimuli in the file is marked with two simultaneous
> triggers. Is there a relatively simple way of defining epochs based on
> two simultaneous triggers? What I need to obtain are four kinds of
> datasets (word AND corr, word AND incorr, nonword AND corr, nonword AND
> incorr).
> In a pop_epoch() I can choose only one of them to define the epoch.
> I'm not sure if I missed something in GUI or should I start to write a
> script...?
>
> Thanks a lot for any suggestion,
>
> Mirek

Stephen Politzer-Ahles