[Eeglablist] Full-Epoch Length Single-Trial Correction

Michele Barsotti nomeserio at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 05:41:16 PDT 2012

Dear Collegues,
 I would like to implement the method called "Full-Epoch Length
Single_trial Correction"
 (Grandchamp R, Delorme A.(2011) Single-trial normalization for
event-related spectral
decomposition reduces sensitivity to noisy trials. Front Psychol. 2:236.)
using EEGlab.

"This method consist in first performing full-epoch length single-trial
correction,
and then performing classical pre-stimulus baseline correction on the
resulting ERSP trial Averages."

In 'newtimef' script there is this optional input:
'trialbase' = ['on'|'off'] perform baseline (normalization or division
              above in single trial instead of the trial average. Default
              if 'off'.

If I set 'trialbase' = 'on' ,  with the "baseline" = 'whole epoch'  , I
obtain only the first step: full-epoch length single-trial correction.

How can I do now to perform the second step: "classical pre-stimulus
baseline correction on the resulting ERSP trial Averages". ?

Thank you in advance

--
        -Michele-