[Eeglablist] Post-doctoral training in the neuroscience of schizophrenia

Brian Roach brian.roach at ncire.org
Thu Aug 23 13:19:52 PDT 2012

We are seeking a highly motivated and talented post-doctoral fellow to
work in our Brain Imaging and EEG Lab to develop a simultaneous EEG+TMS
project. Our San Francisco based lab focuses on the neuroscience of
schizophrenia and has access to EEG, MEG, fMRI, rTMS, and eye-tracking
recording systems.  The lab has access to outstanding facilities,
resources, and collaborators through our affiliations with University of
California at San Francisco, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Hospital,
and the Northern California Institute for Research and Education.

We are actively using EEG and fMRI based methods, in conjunction with
cognitive tasks, to probe the neural circuitry dysfunction associated
with various brain disorders.The integration of TMS methods with these
other measures of brain function will create an opportunity for us to
experimentally determine the roles played by specific cortical brain
regions in specific cognitive functions and their associated neural
signals.Candidates must have a PhD/MD and experience with EEG/ERP, TMS,
and their integration.The ideal candidate would have worked with
MagStim, Brainsight, BioSemi, BrainProducts, and/or Neuroscan
systems.Prior experience designing experiments with presentation,
psychophysics toolbox, or other similar software and a track-record of
first-authored publication are a plus.

Starting date for the position is flexible. Salary is dependent upon
experience based on institutional guidelines.  For questions and
additional details about the position or application materials, please
contact Brian Roach (brian.roach at ncire.org).