[Eeglablist] editing event values

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:28:09 PDT 2012

Hello Inga,

Once you've loaded a dataset into EEGLAB, the event information is within
the structure EEG.event; the length of EEG.event is the number of events in
your data. So you can use MATLAB to iterate through EEG.event and make the
appropriate changes. For example, if you have a list of events in order
such as

events = [20 20 40]

then you could go through EEG.event one event at a time, each time running

EEG.event(i).type = events(i)

or something like that. There are also other ways you could do this (for
example, comparing the times from your list of times and EEG.event.latency)
depending on what information you have available; this is just one example.

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Inga GB <i.griskova at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I need an advice on EEG event codes to be changed in eeglab.
> Lets say, I have and EEG file as. edf, I have 120 events there, but
> they are all marked as 1000. however, I know there are two types of
> events-lets say coded as 20 and 40, and I know their timing-i.e. at
> which time each event happend, or order (first event was 20, second
> was 20, third was 40...). I need to implement this information into
> the data through eeglab-i know the manual option through edit event
> values. Is there any other faster way?
>
> Thanks for you time!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Inga