[Eeglablist] fastica toolbox

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 28 22:07:58 PDT 2012

Dear Karlos,

if you want to use FastICA, download it from this website

http://research.ics.aalto.fi/ica/fastica/code/dlcode.html

uncompress the Matlab code and add it to the path. EEGLAB will automatically detect that the function is present and it will be made available when invoking the "Tools > Run ICA" graphic interface.

Note 1: fastICA is NOT faster.
Note 2: By default, FastICA uses an iterative algorithm to find ICA components. Aapo Hyvarinen (the developer of FastICA) recommends to use the option 'approach', 'symm' which optimizes the ICA weight matrix as whole (as in Infomax)