[Eeglablist] ICA - low density, spatially restricted montages

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:16:31 PDT 2012

8 channels is quite sparse, ICA and eye blink removal algorithms rely on
relatively higher scalp coverage.
However because all your channels are frontal, ICA might be resolving
correctly. Some examination of the ERP, EEG signal before/after blink IC
removal, and comparison of no-blink vs. after blink-removal is warranted,
but you just might be able to proceed, with caution...

some possible resources from goggle scholar below,
also to give you some ideas about how test the validity of what you're doing

16 electrodes...
 Automatic removal of *eye*-*blink *artifacts based on *ICA *and peak *
detection *algorithm<http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5456864>
J Gao, P Lin, Y Yang, P Wang - Informatics in Control, …, 2010 -
ieeexplore.ieee.org

8 electrodes
*Detection *and removal of ocular artifacts using Independent Component
Analysis and wavelets<http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5109381>
H Ghandeharion… - Neural Engineering, 2009. …, 2009 - ieeexplore.ieee.org

Analysis of Blind Source Separation Techniques for Eye Artifact
Removal<http://www.springerlink.com/index/K033J730W37T1513.pdf>
TH Aspiras, VK Asari<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=JLhA4-8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra>
-
Wireless Networks and Computational Intelligence, 2012 - Springer

Validation of *ICA *as a tool to remove eye movement artifacts from
EEG/ERP<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-8986.2010.01015.x/full>
M Mennes<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=pLlSTVgAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra>,
H Wouters, B Vanrumste, L Lagae… - …, 2010 - Wiley Online Library

[HTML] The correction of *eye blink *artefacts in the EEG: a comparison of
two prominent methods <http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0003004>
S Hoffmann, M Falkenstein - PLoS One, 2008 - dx.plos.org