[Eeglablist] Importing preprocessed, epoched data from BVA

Pete Manza pete.manza at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 12:20:13 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm working with BDF files in BVA and after preprocessing and segmenting, I
want to export the files to EEGlab -- but I don't have MATLAB directly
installed on the computer with BVA, it's on another one.   All of my
plugins for importing different data types are up-to-date.   I've tried
exporting in EDF+ format, but EEGlab will only read the files as raw,
continuous data -- not the preprocessed, segmented data from BVA.  I've
also tried doing the general data export into .dat, .vmrk and .vhdr files,
but when I try to import the .dat file, I get an error message saying the
data exceeds index dimensions or it just does not read the file at all.
Is there a way to export files from BVA to EEGlab in a way that retains the
preprocessing done in BVA?  Or is it necessary to have a version of matlab
installed on the same computer as BVA?
Thanks so much,

Pete Manza
Integrative Neuroscience