[Eeglablist] Matlab Video Processing Question

Mikołaj Magnuski imponderabilion at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:32:02 PDT 2012

Dear Davide,

Unfortunatelly, reading video data (both through mmreader or VideoReader)
imports only the visuals, the audio is not read, and thus when saving - you
save without sound.

I'm not sure if there is a convenient workaround (within the realms of
matlab) to your problem. Reading sound from video file does not seem to be
supported by matlab core functions. However, if you do have Computer Vision
System Toolbox - the vision.VideoFileReader object does support this. I'm
not sure if saving video with sound is any easier, but at least you can
import the sound to matlab.
http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/vision/ref/vision.videofilereaderclass.html

Nevertheless, I think that your best soulution could be to combine the
sound from your original video with the transformed soundless video that
matlab produced outside of matlab, unless it needs to be done automatically.

So, generally - it's quite complicated (read: "as far as I know -
impossible") to load and save with sound with basic matlab functions. Sorry
I couldn't help you more.

Mikolaj