[Eeglablist] ICA question

Sara Graziadio sara.graziadio at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 04:26:23 PDT 2012

Hello eeglab users,
I have a question about ICA. My data have some noise in some time intervals. I want to remove the noise before using the ICA but I want to have the whole dataset (continuous data, not epoched) to run some more analysis once the data are cleaned with the ICA. Is there a way to do this?
At the moment I am running the ICA on the dataset without the noise and then I am applying the ICA weights calculated on the short dataset to the whole dataset (with the noise). Do you think I can do this? Or is there any better method to obtain the whole dataset cleaned without decreasing the ICA performance?
Thank you

Best wishes

Sara

Sara Graziadio, PhD