[Eeglablist] Plotting ERSP scalp maps in STUDY

Pete Manza pete.manza at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:33:34 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have 64-channel data in a STUDY design -- when I've precomputed ERSP
values via the GUI, I have no problem plotting the scalp maps for all
electrodes.  Recently, I precomputed the values with this code:

[STUDY, ALLEEG] = std_checkset(STUDY, ALLEEG);
[STUDY ALLEEG] = std_precomp(STUDY, ALLEEG,
{},'allcomps','on','recompute','on','ersp','on', 'erspparams', {'cycles' [3
0.5] 'baseline' -5100 'freqscale' 'linear' 'tlimits' [-5300 2000]
'timesout' 600 'freqs' [3 30] 'nfreqs' 56 },'itc','on')

The ERSP maps for individual electrodes come out fine -- but when I try to
plot the scalp map with all 64 electrodes, I get the following error:

Reading all ERSP data:Warning: Channel "cp4" and maybe others was not
found in pre-computed data file
> In std_chaninds at 54
  In std_readfile at 134
  In std_readersp at 214
  In std_erspplot at 180
  In pop_chanplot at 303
  In inputgui at 182
  In pop_chanplot at 269
??? In an assignment  A(:) = B, the number of elements in A and B
must be the same.

When I try to plot electrodes like CP4 individually, it works just fine --
but when I try to do the scalp map, it seems that several electrodes are
not reading properly.  I can plot a few electrodes (I tried plotting 5
posterior-central electrodes and the localized map came out fine), but it
seems several electrodes aren't reading.  What am I missing?
Thanks so much,
Pete