[Eeglablist] imported BrainVision data: finding the reference electrode

Ricardo Moura ricardoojm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:39:52 PDT 2012

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
The reference channels were recorded at the left (recording reference) and
right (recorded as a normal eeg channel) mastoids. The right reference is
available when I open the data in EEG lab, but not the recording reference.
The reference channel always appear as "unknown" at the main eeglab window,
and when I go to the "channel locations", it only shows me 64 electrodes
(the 65th electrode, which would be the recording reference, is missing).
This is a problem because I need this channel in order to re-reference the
data to linked-ears (don't I?). But I don't need to use it as an active
electrode.

So when I try the  "Add current reference channel back into the data" , I
allways have the following message: "there are no reference channel
defined, add it using the channel locations".

Any idea about how to recover this channel (in case I really need it to
perform the linked-ears reference)?

Best,
Ricardo

On 24 September 2012 14:50, Stephen Politzer-Ahles <politzerahless at gmail.com