[Eeglablist] Importing events from Netstation

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:08:14 PDT 2012

Hi, please let the list know of your final solution, here are some quick
suggestions

1. Search deeper into the eeglab list archives regarding importing/reading
EGI/Netstation files/events.
Alternatively search on google for a combination of "eeglablist" and
"EGI/netstation/.RAW/events"
To date (netstation 4.4 and back) only the main event labels are imported
into eeglab
and not the rich TRSP information. it's just a matter of formats, etc..

2. The new Netstation (5.0?) has a new format which will purportedly allow
for easy recognition of the dense TRSP information that is available in
Netstation files.
See also EPToolkit (and eeglablist archives on EPtoolkit)

3. One alternative is to export your events from netstation as a separate
text file,
and then, via your own script, coordinate the events/TRSPs information from
this text file
with your eeglab file.
For example, if you 1000 events in your file, each with multiple TRSP
fields,
you would simply have to, with matlab, import your netstation events file,
and then find the 1st event in eeglab, the 1st event in your events file
(in matlab now),
and then add fields of choice to your eeglab file from the events file.

This solution is for continuous data from Netstation,
but this should also work with epoched data from NS imported into eeglab.