[Eeglablist] Importing events from Netstation

Stephen Hamilton sthamilton at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 24 13:54:33 PDT 2012

Dear all,

Apologies for my tardy reply to your helpful suggestions. In the end, we
followed Gabriela Cruz's advice and performed segmentation mark-up in
Netstation before exporting the data files into .raw format. This was
mostly straightforward, but we did have some problems reading accuracy
information from the TRSP events (given by Netstation) into EEGlab,
particularly when these events occurred at recording boundaries. No error
messages came up, we just noticed that there weren't enough trials in each
condition and then saw that some TRSP events did not contain accuracy
evaluations. As a consequence, most participants were missing 2 accuracy
labels per recording.

We determined the accuracy of these missing responses by inspecting the
original event files given by NetStation. We then updated the eventlists
produced by EEGlab by manually inserting correct and incorrect labels in
place of the (empty) TRSP events. These modified event lists were then
re-imported into EEGlab, and we were able to bin trials by accuracy and
condition without any hassle.

Thank you all for your help with this, we really appreciate it.

S Hamilton