[Eeglablist] Single-trial ERSPs

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sun Sep 30 13:40:26 PDT 2012

Dear Simon,

it is better to work with the newtimef function to start with (which is used to compute STUDY ERSP measures).
The data saved in the .dattimef file is the same as the "tfdata" output of newtimef.
To start with, set the baseline to NaN, then the ERSP image should be the same (if you use the defaults) as

figure; imagesc(10*log10(mean(abs(tfdata).^2,3)));

Then examine the newtimef code to see how the baseline is computed (by default it is a divisive baseline although you can also use an additive baseline).

Sincerely,

Arno