[Eeglablist] CMMM Call for Papers: Computational Methods in Neuroengineering

Ding, Lei leiding at ou.edu
Mon Oct 8 19:46:55 PDT 2012

08-Oct-2012

Call For Papers:
Special Issue of Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine on Computational Methods in Neuroengineering

Dear Colleagues,

Neuroengineering is an emerging discipline in the field of medical and biological engineering with the aims to understand, modulate, enhance, or repair neuronal systems, which are obviously the most complex systems of the human body. During the last decade or so, neuroengineering has been growing rapidly and expanded its applications from interpreting and processing neuronal signals to interfacing the neural systems with external devices to restore lost functions. Despite its short history, neuroengineering has now become one of the most important topics in the current biomedical engineering research. There is no doubt that computational methods have played key roles in the development of neuroengineering.

We cordially invite researchers to contribute original research articles as well as review articles that will promote the development of new computational algorithms, mathematical models, and signal processing techniques for various neuroengineering applications. With this special issue, we hope to stimulate the continuing efforts to solve real-world neuroengineering problems with the advanced theories and technologies of computational sciences. We also hope to provide an excellent opportunity for researchers in neuroscience, neuroengineering, and computational sciences to discuss the current state-of-the-art knowledge of this emerging interdisciplinary research field.

More information about the Call for Papers and author instructions for manuscript submission are available on the website http://www.hindawi.com/journals/cmmm/si/494265/cfp/. Any enquires should be directed to the Guest Editor listed above.

Guest Editor:
Lei Ding, PhD

Assistant Professor
Biomedical Engineering Center
University of Oklahoma
110 W. Boyd St., DEH Room 150
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-1102
Phone: 4053254577
Fax: 4053257066
Email: leiding at ou.edu<mailto:leiding at ou.edu>

Deadline for submission of manuscripts: January 11, 2013
First Round of Reviews: April 5, 2013
Publication Date: May 31, 2013

?