[Eeglablist] LIMO Design

cyril pernet cyril.pernet at ed.ac.uk
Wed Oct 17 02:00:31 PDT 2012

Hi Johannes,

> Dear All,
>
> i created a simple design matrix for 1st level analysis in LIMO.
>
>  I have 345 erp trials created with BrainVision-Analyzer and
> transformed to eeglabs set-format with
>
> 3 different marker (260 trials with marker 1 , 44 trials with marker
> 2 and 41 trials with marker 3)
>
> wich are given in a categorical_variable.txt file for LIMO (1 marker
> per line, 345 lines) and corresponding to the trial-order of the set-data.
>
>  When i import set-data and categorical_variable.txt, LIMO gives me a
> design looking different than i expect (see
> www.altis-verlag.de/limo_design.JPG):

the design matrix looks ok to me - 1st column as 260 trials (white bit),
then 2nd and 3rd colum with 44 and 41 trials

> There are about 90 trials for regressor 1, about 300 trials for
> regressor 2 and about 300 for regressor 3.

you are 'reading' it the wrong way about - white = 1 black = 0 ; so it's
all good

> Also the ERP plot (ERP options: Original) in LIMO seems quiet
> different from the ERP plot in BrainVisions Analyzer.

this should simply plot the average of your condition but minus the
grand mean across all 3 conditions - since this is what you are actually
testing
you can check by typing 'all' when you select which condition to plot

cyril

--
Dr Cyril Pernet,

Academic Fellow