[Eeglablist] Question about ICA components

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:57:16 PDT 2012

Hello,

Since you are new to ICA,
I would suggest that you take the time to take a very close look and go
through
the following resources. Good luck with your process and learning!

*a recent chapter from Dr.Makeig:*
http://tdlc.ucsd.edu/research/publications/MakeigOnton_ERP_2009.pdf

* the EEGLAB tutorial and use the sample data there. *
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/eeglabtut.html

*the EEGLAB workshop videos and powerpoint slides:*
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Online_EEGLAB_Workshop

*the articles from Dr.Makeig that have used ICA in the past,*
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott/

and there are many articles that you can search for in Google Scholar under
"ICA and EEG"
I have listed some titles below, you can easily find the links via google
scholar.
in some cases below, I have included the link.

[HTML] Stochastic resonance modulates neural synchronization within and
between cortical sources
LM Ward, SE MacLean… - PloS one, 2010 - dx.plos.org

Novelty and target processing during an auditory novelty oddball: a
simultaneous event-related potential and functional magnetic resonance
imaging study

A Strobel, S Debener, B Sorger, JC Peters… - Neuroimage, 2008 - Elsevier
Electrophysiological correlates of word comprehension: Event-related
potential (ERP) and independent component analysis (ICA)

J Mehta, S Jerger, J Jerger… - International Journal of …, 2009 -
informahealthcare.com
Independent component analysis reveals atypical electroencephalographic
activity during visual perception in individuals with autism

E Milne, O Pascalis, D Buckley… - Biological psychiatry, 2009 - Elsevier
Modulation of visually evoked cortical fMRI responses by phase of ongoing
occipital alpha oscillations

R Scheeringa, A Mazaheri, I Bojak… - The Journal of …, 2011 - neuro.cjb.net
Dopamine Effects on Human Error Processing Depend on
Catechol-O-Methyltransferase VAL158MET Genotype

Surprise and Error: Common Neuronal Architecture for the Processing of
Errors and Novelty
JR Wessel, C Danielmeier, JB Morton… - The Journal of …, 2012 -
neuro.cjb.net
EM Mueller, S Makeig, G Stemmler… - The Journal of …, 2011 - neuro.cjb.net

Frontal theta EEG activity correlates negatively with the default mode
network in resting state
R Scheeringa, M Bastiaansen, KM Petersson… - International Journal of …,
2008 - Elsevier

[PDF] Age-related changes in neural functional connectivity and its
behavioral relevance
W Schlee, V Leirer, IT Kolassa, N Weisz… - BMC …, 2012 - biomedcentral.com

[HTML] Differential synchronization in default and task-specific networks
of the human brain
A Kirschner, JWY Kam, TC Handy… - Frontiers in Human …, 2012 -
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

[HTML] Aging and error processing: age related increase in the variability
of the error-negativity is not accompanied by increase in response
variability
S Hoffmann… - PLoS One, 2011 - dx.plos.org

Rostral anterior cingulate activity generates posterior versus anterior
theta activity linked to agentic extraversion
ML Chavanon, J Wacker… - Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral …, 2011 -
Springer

[HTML] An electrophysiological signal that precisely tracks the emergence
of error awareness
PR Murphy, IH Robertson, D Allen… - Frontiers in Human …, 2012 -
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Michels, L; M. Moazami, D. Jeanmonod, J. Sarnthein, (2008). EEG alpha
distinguishes between cuneal and precuneal activation in working
memory, Neuroimage, 40 (2008) 1296-1310. LINK:
http://www.ini.uzh.ch/~johannes/michels_WMthetaalpha_NIMG2008.pdf

Gaillard R, Dehaene S, Adam C, Clémenceau S, Hasboun D, et al. (2009)
Converging Intracranial Markers of Conscious Access. PLoS Biol 7(3):
LINK:
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pbio.1000061

Fischer T, Langner R, Diers K, Brocke B, Birbaumer N (2010)
Temporo-Spatial Dynamics of Event-Related EEG Beta Activity during the
Initial Contingent Negative Variation. PLoS ONE 5(9)   LINK:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0012514

2010, Measurement of mismatch negativity in individuals: A study using
single-trial analysis LINK:

2010, Multiple Forms of Learning Yield Temporally Distinct
Electrophysiological Repetition Effects  LINK:
http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/content/20/7/1726.full

2010, Frontal theta links prediction errors to behavioral adaptation
in reinforcement learning  LINK:
http://ski.cog.brown.edu/papers/CavanaghEtAl_theta.pdf

2009, Oscillatory Brain Activity & Control Mechanisms during Reactive
Aggression LINK: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2783022/

2009, Right Alpha Band Phase Synchronization and Late Gamma Band
Oscillations in music syntax LINK:
http://www.viskom.oeaw.ac.at/~joy/hbm_2009.pdf

2008, Magnetic sources of the M50 response are localized to frontal
cortex LINK: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2272533/

2007, Voluntary and Involuntary Attention on EEG Activity in the Gamma
Band LINK: http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/reprint/27/44/11986

2007, Theta EEG oscillatory activity and auditory change detection
LINK: http://brainvitge.org/papers/fuentemilla_BR_2008.pdf

2005, Trial-by-Trial Coupling of Concurrent EEG/fmri during
Performance Monitoring LINK:
http://neuro.cjb.net/cgi/content/full/25/50/11730