[Eeglablist] ICA for muscle artefacts from overt responses?

Maarten De Vos Maarten.DeVos at esat.kuleuven.be
Thu Nov 1 00:21:20 PDT 2012

Dear Wout

it is a difficult issue, but not correcting at all is for sure
suboptimal.

We suggested to use a CCA-based approach (code available), which seem
to outperform ICA for overt responses:

Neuroinformatics. 2010 Jun;8(2):135-50.
Removal of muscle artifacts from EEG recordings of spoken language
production.
De Vos M, Riès S, Vanderperren K, Vanrumste B, Alario FX, Van Huffel S,
Burle B.
Source

Hope this helps
maarten