[Eeglablist] getting started with AMICA

Joseph Orr oricon at umich.edu
Tue Dec 4 07:58:37 PST 2012

I am trying to run AMICA for the first time and am running in to some
trouble. I am using a cluster running Kubuntu 64-bit with SGE installed.

I downloaded the amica12lnx64 binary and have runamica12.m in my path. I
loaded a .set file and executed "[ EEG.icaweights, EEG.icasphere, mods ] =
runamica12( EEG.data(:,:) )"

I received the following on the command line:

mpich is not a parallel environment
orte is not a parallel environment
Using make parallel environment.
Writing data file:
/dreamio2/banichlab/studies/VTS/eeg/VTS_ERP2/tmpdata91338.fdt
bash: dreamio4: command not found
Please disregard any Warnings about X11 forwarding.
qsub id =
You can watch the last 25 lines of the output with:
   $ watch tail -n 25 qsub.sh.o
or in Matlab:
   >> system('watch tail -n 25 qsub.sh.o')
You can load the output as it's running by typing:
   >> mods =
loadmodout12('/dreamio2/banichlab/studies/VTS/eeg/VTS_ERP2/amicaouttmp/')
Error in ==> runamica12 at 101
binfile = 'amica12lnx64';

??? Output argument "weights" (and maybe others) not assigned during
call to
"/dreamio2/banichlab/studies/VTS/eeg/toolboxes/runamica12.m>runamica12".

Do I need to set up additional files to get AMICA to run?

Thanks in advance,
Joe