[Eeglablist] Dividing Scalp regions

Simon-Shlomo Poil poil.simonshlomo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 10:34:08 PST 2012

Dear Iman,

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly.. But if you
simply want to divide you electrodes into Frontal, Central, etc.
regions, then you can use the labels field in the EEG.chanlocs
structure. 'Fz' e.g. means Frontal midline electrode etc. You can then
search for all electrodes with a label with the letter 'F' and put
them in the "Frontal" region. (this is the way we divide our region in
the NBT toolbox nbt_get_regions function
(http://nbtoolbox.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/nbtoolbox/NBTrelease/file/tip/Biomarkers/Supportfunctions/nbt_get_regions.m)

Best regards
Simon