[Eeglablist] ICA Problem

Zhilin Zhang zhangzlacademy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 22:14:29 PST 2012

Hi, Habib,

In general,  for a typical EEG dataset, source number is very large.
You reduced the dimension of your dataset from 14 to 5, which is the
reason that you encountered this problem. Actually, you do not need to
reduce the dimension, since the dimension of your dataset is only 14.

To automatically test the best components and see the stable of ICA
decomposition, you can try A.Hyvarinen's ICASSO software, which is
based on his FastICA algorithm. See the link:
http://research.ics.aalto.fi/ica/icasso/

Also, you can try EEGLAB.

Best,
Zhilin