[Eeglablist] epoch extracting

Khaled Al-Kamha khaled.alkamha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 02:09:17 PST 2012

Hello

could someone please explain to me a little more about Epoch Extracting in
terms of how many times should i use the Epoch extracting if i have 4
events in each run of my dataset

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_05:_Extracting_Data_Epochs

i am working on an eeg dataset that consists of several runs on about a
hundred subjects, each run contains event annotation file and i was
wondering if i have to execute the epoch extracting on each file, and if
so, how many epochs should i extract? does it depend on the number of
events ? or it it one epoch per run ? or does it depend on my need ?
i am trying to understand a little more about epoch extracting in general
and its importance to ERP analysis for feature extraction
this is the dataset i am studying http://www.physionet.org/pn4/eegmmidb/
any help is really appreciated

Thanks