[Eeglablist] Shifted rejection boundaries in continuous data

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Mon Jan 7 09:34:19 PST 2013

Hi Maria,

I just came across a bug in the eegplot function that may account for the shifted rejection boundaries you reported finding while scrolling through your continuous data.

If the paging buttons { [ << ] or [ >> ]} are quickly clicked twice it can happen that the signals will advance two windows, while the events will only advance 1 window (e.g. if you are displaying 50 seconds at a time and the current window starts at 100 seconds... then you double click [ >> ] quickly, the figure will display the signals from 200 to 250 seconds but the events that will be superimposed are the events for the time period of 150 to 200 seconds).

This is a relatively harmless bug as it is only display... any further interaction with the GUI (including selecting time for rejection) refreshes the figure and the offset is corrected.

Let me know if this could account for all of the symptoms that you found while scrolling your continuous data.

I have reported this in EEGLab bugzilla (#1393) and will look into solving the issue over the next few days.

James