[Eeglablist] LPP and skin potentials

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 28 08:52:13 PST 2013

Dear Sahar,

To control skin potential you need to control room temperature and
moisture. I'm not sure if it is a common practice in recording EEG.

Our group uses relatively high cutoff frequency for highpass filter
(around 1 Hz) because suppressing the skin potential improves ICA
performance.

Makoto

2013/1/23 sahar azarang <saharazarang at gmail.com>:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem with distinguishing skin potential artefacts and
> positive/negative shift in EEG due to brain activity (such as LPP ...),
> especially when i'm working with event related potentials. So I don't know
> if I am doing correct atefact removing or i am deleting some valuabe data
> from eeg data. is there any criterion for this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sahar

JSPS Postdoctral Fellow for Research Abroad