[Eeglablist] Sleep Data

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:24:17 PST 2013

Hello Thomas,

What are the specifications of the computer you are using (operating
system, RAM, bits, etc.)? This memory issue is not strictly an EEGLAB
problem, it's usually a more general MATLAB problem, so if EEGLAB doesn't
open your data then other MATLAB-based tools like Fieldtrip probably won't
either. Solutions include using a system with more RAM or a different OS,
or using down-sampled and/or epoched data. If you search the archives you
will find many discussions about memory issues in EEGLAB; for example, here
is the first message of a very recent discussion:
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2013/006109.html

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM, <thomas.schreiner at psychologie.uzh.ch>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a general question. I have to deal with sleep data (file size
> around 1.5GB). EEGLAB doesn`t seem to be able to handle files of this size,
> since I cant even import my data ("Out of Memory"). Is there a way to solve
> this problem or do I have to use an other toolbox like Fieldtrip?
>
> Best,
> Thomas
> ---
>
> University of Zurich