[Eeglablist] epochs of resting conditions

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:16:22 PST 2013

hello,

you can also try the following eeglab function

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/eeg_regepochs.html

Convert a continuous dataset into consecutive epochs of a specified
regular length by adding dummy events of type 'X' and epoching the
data around these events. The mean of each epoch (or if min
epochlimits arg < 0, the mean of the pre-0 baseline) is removed from
each epoch. May be used to split up continuous data for artifact
rejection followed by ICA decomposition. The computed EEG.icaweights
and EEG.icasphere matrices may then be exported to the continuous
dataset and/or to its epoched descendents.

You could also try to do your LORETA or other analysis on the ICs that
represent your brain dynamics of interest.