[Eeglablist] dipole localization at ERP

Francesco Sigona francesco.sigona at unisalento.it
Mon Feb 18 00:24:16 PST 2013

Hello guys,

I recently started using eeglab with which I would like to carry out a
dipole fittingon ERPs data (N100).
I usually use BrainVision Analyzer to work with ERPs, but this software
cannot do the dipole localization.

I cleansed the signals with ICA (on BrainVision analyzer), I ran an
average of the different epoques and I imported the data (65 sensors, 70
time points) in eeglab. Then I followed the tutorial about dipfit
(http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/A08:_DIPFIT#Using_DIPFIT_to_fit_EEG_or_ERP_scalp_maps)
but I have not got encouraging results.
For this reason I ask you some indication of the method to be followed,
if it is necessary or not perform dipfit of ICA (but which componentsand
how should be selected?) or can I use dipfit_erpeeg.
I really hope in a help.
Thanks in advance.

--
Francesco Sigona