[Eeglablist] dipole localization at ERP

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sun Feb 24 17:06:10 PST 2013

Dear Francesco,

first I would be careful about applying ICA outside of EEGLAB. Most commercial software packages preprocess the data using PCA (so you do not have to review all the components) with often dramatic effects on ICA component quality. PCA should not be used before ICA unless it is absolutely necessary.

Second in the code provided on the wiki, you might want to average the ERP scalp topography over a time range rather than picking a single sample point (in this case 100 ms) before performing source localization.

I hope this helps,

Arno