[Eeglablist] Reject data (all methods)

ida miokovic ida.miokovic at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 09:45:46 PDT 2013

Dear list,

I am running ICA decomposition on continuous data. I have several questions
regarding this:

1. After applying lowpass filter and removing line noise (using Cleanline
plug-in), I import the channel locations of the dataset. I am using EEGLAB
v12.0.1.0b which is having issues with channel locations importing, but
when I obtain ICA components, scalp maps seem to be plotted correctly, so I
suppose that this bug does not influence this step? After that, I do the
average reference.

2. Since I plan to run ICA second time, I should remove bad trials of the
components (not entire component/s) using Tools --> Reject data using ICA
--> Reject data (all methods). After doing all described above, I do not
have an option to click on this tab "Reject data (all methods)" (it is
grey). It is possibe to click only on "Reject components by map". Does
anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this?

3. There is a suggestion that not more than 10% of the dataset should be
rejected after applying all the methods I am interested in. Are some of the
methods given it this menu (Find abnormal values, Find abnormal trends,
Find impropable data, Find abnormal distributions, Find abnormal spectra
(slow)) more convenient that others and which? Which way I can calculate
what is the percent of the rejected data?

4. Should the mean of the all channels be removed somewhere in this
procedure and where is it suggested to be done? As I mentioned, here
contiuous data is used, so there are no epochs and no need for baseline
removal.

Thank you very much for any help.

All the best

Ida