[Eeglablist] Question about Order of rereferencing and artifact removal

Mikołaj Magnuski imponderabilion at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 11:02:30 PDT 2013

Dear Stephen,

as I understand it Makoto was referring to bad channel rejection before
average referencing. Depending on the number of channels their average can
be dragged more or less by a high-amplitude 'dancing' bad channel.
I dont think this would introduce  serious artifacts, but is worth
considering (I was doing averege reference on a group of files lately and
did not think about removing bad channels first, while some of the files
actually have these 'dancers' present, so I'm going to change my pipeline
and see whether it changes anything).

BTW - is it sufficient to mark the channel as bad (in EEG substructure with
channel info) for it to not be considered during rereference to average or
should I interpolate or delete the channel?

Regards,
Mikolaj Magnuski