[Eeglablist] Electrophysiologist position opening

Kelly L Tremblay tremblay at uw.edu
Wed Mar 27 16:21:26 PDT 2013

Master's or PhD level person needed. Someone with expertise in multi
sensory/cognitive ERPs will also be considered.

https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=92256&szCandidateID=0&szSearchWords=&szReturnToSearch=1

RESEARCH SCIENTIST 4
  Add job to cart<https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=addtojobcart&szOrderID=92256>
Apply
for this job<https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=candidatepaste&szOrderID=92256>
Return to Job list<https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=joblist&szCachedSearch=1>
 RESEARCH SCIENTIST 4  Req #:92256 Department: SPEECH & HEARING
SCIENCESJob Location:Seattle
Campus Posting Date: 01/28/2013  Closing Info:Open Until Filled  Salary:

Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with
qualifications and experience.
  The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s
premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most
important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education,
research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding
benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment
noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement,
artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.

*The Brain and Behavior Laboratory at the University of Washington,
Seattle, USA is looking for an EEG scientist to join our laboratory. *The
main tasks will be to provide technical support to students, execute
research, contribute to the development of new analysis techniques,
contribute to publications and presentations.

As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit
our website, click
here.<http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/benefits/forms/ben-summaries/prostaff.pdf>
Requirements: •     Master's degree in Engineering, Science, or Physics and
3-5 years of experience.
•      Experience in EEG measurement (MEG is optional) and data analysis,
preferably with BESA and MATLAB. We expect the applicant to be
•     Familiar with auditory ERPs and have experience with all steps of ERP
analysis (paradigm design, digital processing, topographic mapping,
averaging, and source analysis).

*Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum
qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a
license/certification/registration.*
Desired: Fluency in written and spoken English is preferred.

Condition of Employment:

*A satisfactory outcome from criminal background verification is required
prior to hire.*

*Application Process*

Part of the application process for this position includes completing
an *online
cover letter assessment, *as well as the Employment Eligibility Assessment
to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation
process.  The assessment(s) will appear on your screen for you to complete
as soon as you select "Apply to this Position" on this job announcement.
Once you begin the assessment, it must be completed at that time. If you
select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when
you are ready. *Please note that your application will not be reviewed and
you will not be considered for this position until the assessment is
complete.*

[image: The University of Washington is a leader in environmental
stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate
neutral.]<http://f2.washington.edu/oess/>The
University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship &
sustainability <http://f2.washington.edu/oess/>, and committed to becoming
climate neutral.

The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer. <http://www.washington.edu/provost/ap/eoaa/aa_policy> To request
disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability
Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or dso at uw.edu.

--
Kelly L. Tremblay, PhD CCC-A, FAAA
Professor