[Eeglablist] Volume of messages on eeglablist

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 9 08:20:03 PDT 2013

Dear EEGLAB list members,

The eeglablist is victim of its own success. There are sometimes more than 10 messages per day on the list and most people cannot keep up. Until we find a better solution, we would like to ask people who ask questions most often to moderate themselves -- asking at most one question every two weeks.

Also, if possible try to avoid messages that are not informative, such as ,"Thank you" to respect other's mailboxes. Remember, your message will quickly hit about 5,000 user mailboxes!

Also: before asking a question, it is always good to check the eeglablist history for earlier discussion of the same topic. The easiest way to do this is to google "[topic] eeglablist", where [topic] is the topic you are interested in.

If you cannot read all incoming messages, most email software applications allow you to filter messages for specific content. For instance, you could only filter messages pertaining to ICA, or job posting, or sent by a named list of list users.

We hope to develop an active website with a forum maintaining message streams under topics and threads, and (if possible) integrate into it all the archived messages of the EEGLAB malling list. Suggestions in this direction are welcomed.