[Eeglablist] ICA of concatenated subjects?

Ana Navarro Cebrian anavarrocebrian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 16:35:57 PDT 2013

Hi,
I was wondering if there is any problem with trying ICA for the entire
group of subjects (as it's usually done in fMRI) instead of running ICA for
each individual subject and then finding the common components with a
cluster analysis. I thought it could be as simple as concatenating all the
subject's data, but I tried it and the ICA components that I got from it
are looking quite bad. They look as if the data were really noisy. I
understand that there is more variability, but this data is very clean and
I expected something better. Am I missing something? I appreciate any help.
Many thanks,
Ana