[Eeglablist] linear detrend in EEGLAB

Arndt, Jason D. jarndt at middlebury.edu
Wed May 8 04:04:55 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am a relatively new user of EEGLAB. I am wondering if a linear detrend is being applied to my epochs. I have applied a detrend to remove the mean of the baseline period but it's not clear to me if a detrend is also being applied for the whole epoch. My late onsetting effects (~600 ms post-memory probe) look flatter than I would expect and the waveforms return to baseline earlier than I would expect for the study I am doing. In other EEG analysis programs I have used, the linear detrend is an option that can be applied on the epochs and it can be useful for examining early ERPs but I want to make sure it's not being implemented somewhere that isn't immediately clear to me.

Thank you,

Jason

Jason Arndt, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology