[Eeglablist] Mini ERP Boot Camp, Birmingham UK, August 9-11 2013

Steven J Luck sjluck at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 16 08:39:42 PDT 2013

Prof. Steven Luck (UC, Davis) will be conducting the second UK version of  his well-known 'ERP Boot Camp' from 9 - 11 August of this year on behalf of the School of Psychology at the University of Birmingham. Like the Davis ERP Boot Camp, the Birmingham Boot Camp (BBC 2.0) is based on Prof. Luck's book, "An Introduction to the Event-Related Potential Technique" (MIT Press). The first Birmingham Boot Camp (BBC 1.0) was a sell-out event and we are excited to be able to host its successor. Further details of the event and can be found by following the link below, but please return to read about the 1-day transcranial stimulation workshop to follow BBC 2.0.

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/psychology/research/conferences/birmingham-boot-camp/index.aspx

The ERP Boot Camp has been running since 2003 in the USA and has taught ERP methods to over 1000 researchers. It is an excellent opportunity for staff and advanced students to sharpen their theoretical knowledge and practical skills. The version Prof Luck will conduct at Birmingham will be a 'mini boot camp' composed of 2 days of lectures and a half day of practical ERPLAB Toolbox data-analysis activities. Accommodation is available on a first-come, first-served basis with a link on the registration page of the Birmingham Online Shop (see below).

Following BBC 2.0 on 12 August we will host a one-day transcranial current stimulation (tDCS, tACS) workshop to be led by Dr. Roi Cohen Kadosh (Oxford, UK). Roi is an expert in the use of various tCS methods and will discuss the research uses of tCS, as well as provide practical demonstrations. We are also very proud to announce that Neuroelectrics, a supplier of advanced tCS devices, will be on hand to demo their device and answer any questions. More detail can be found by following the link above.

There are a limited number of places so early registration is advisable at the Birmingham Online Shop accessible from the link provided above.

Sent on behalf of Kim Shapiro

Prof. Kim Shapiro, Chair
Cognitive Neuroscience and
Head of School