[Eeglablist] pop_eegfiltnew in eeglab latest version

Angel Tabullo angeltabullo at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 07:45:38 PDT 2013

Hi everyone! I've been using the latest version of eeglab(12.0.2b) to filter EEG data. I noticed there's a new filter, but the software allows to use the previous filtering function as well. I've been reading the help files and the wiki, but I'm afraid I still don't understand the difference between the filters. Could anybody explain me in simple terms what's the difference between the old and the new filtering function, and in which way the latest would be better. Furthermore, would you recommend to use the new filtering function, or is it still experimental?

Thank you so much and please forgive the basic nature of my question