[Eeglablist] Data reduction after extracting epochs

Mastaneh Torkamani mastaneht.83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 06:40:14 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I have a number of EDF files which contain recordings from an epithetic
patient. As the IPS and HV events were not correctly saved in those files,
I added the event information to a text file and wrote a script to load all
the fields into the EEG structure. I followed instructions in this link
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_03:_Event_Processing and believe the
event fields and values are similar to the example data sets and match.
However, when I extract epochs, the data length is considerably decreased
and all the events seem to overlap with each other. Therefore, I cannot get
any ERP plots and receive the following info :

Removing 20 trials with NaN sortvar values.
Setting variable avewidth to max 2.
Sorting data on input sortvar.
100.00% of the trials (i.e., 2 out of 2) have the same sortvar value as at
least one other trial.
Distribution of number ties per unique value of sortvar:
Min: 2, 25th ptile: 2, Median: 2, 75th ptile: 2, Max: 2
Smoothing the sorted epochs with a 2-epoch moving window.
  and a decimation factor of 1

So, what should I do to define the trials and epoch lengths correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Mastaneh