[Eeglablist] Microstate Analysis

Bathelt, Johannes johannes.bathelt.10 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 24 12:13:09 PDT 2013

Dear Pierre,
Thank you for these hints. However, the k-means clustering and the hierarchical clustering algorithms do not quite cut it. The atomize and agglomerate hierarchical clustering algorithm is a modified version of hierarchical clustering that takes into account that the EEG samples are not independent, i.e. maps that are closer together in time are also more similar. I tried to reproduce the clustering from Cartool with k-means and hierarchical clustering in Matlab and did not obtain similar results. So, I would need an implementation of the AAHC algorithm specifically.

Yours

Joe

Joe Bathelt, MSc
PhD candidate
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Unit
UCL Institute of Child Health
+44 020 7905 42749
johannes.bathelt.10 at ucl.ac.uk