[Eeglablist] Frontiers: Call For Participation to our upcoming Research Topic

Aleksandra Vuckovic Aleksandra.Vuckovic at glasgow.ac.uk
Sat Aug 17 08:32:40 PDT 2013

In collaboration with Frontiers in Neuroscience, we are organizing a Research Topic titled "Interaction of BCI with the underlying neurological conditions in patients: pros and cons", hosted by Aleksandra Vuckovic, Jaime Pineda, Kristen LaMarca, Disha Gupta, Christoph Guger. As host editor, I would like to encourage you to contribute to this topic.

Frontiers, a Swiss open-access publisher, recently partnered with Nature Publishing Group to expand its researcher-driven Open Science platform. Frontiers articles are rigorously peer-reviewed, can be disseminated freely and are widely read by your colleagues and by the broader scientific and medical research communities.

The idea behind a research topic is to create an organized, comprehensive collection of several contributions, as well as a forum for discussion and debate. Contributions can be articles describing original research, methods, hypothesis & theory, opinions, etc.

We have created a homepage on the Frontiers website (section "Frontiers in Neuroengineering") where all articles will appear after peer-review and where participants in the topic will be able to hold relevant discussions:

http://www.frontiersin.org/Neuroengineering/researchtopics/Interaction_of_BCI_with_the_un/2020.

Frontiers will also compile an e-book, as soon as all contributing articles are published, that can be used in classes, be sent to foundations that fund your research, to journalists and press agencies, or to any number of other organizations.

As such, a manuscript accepted for publication incurs a publishing fee, which varies depending on the article type. Research Topic manuscripts receive a significant discount on publishing fees. Please take a look at this fee table: http://www.frontiersin.org/about/PublishingFees.

Once published, your articles will remain free to access for all readers, and will be indexed in PubMed and other academic archives. As an author in Frontiers, you retain the copyright to your own papers and figures.

I would be delighted if you considered participating in this Research Topic.

Should you choose to participate, please confirm by sending me a quick email and then your abstract no later than Nov 15, 2013 using the following link: http://www.frontiersin.org/submissioninfo

Please note that the deadline for manuscript submission is on: Mar 07, 2014

Since I am using the Frontiers system to manage this topic, I would really appreciate if you could also please indicate your decision by clicking on one of the links below.

AGREE to Participate

http://www.frontiersin.org/AcceptContributor.aspx?activationkey=210c40b9-d517-4fd3-93b9-78013a80479f

DECLINE to Participate

http://www.frontiersin.org/DeclineContributor.aspx?activationkey=210c40b9-d517-4fd3-93b9-78013a80479f