[Eeglablist] post-doc opportunity

Pamela Irene Clark clarkp at umd.edu
Mon Aug 19 14:51:27 PDT 2013

Please see post-doc opportunity below. Most of our studies involve recording EEGs (ERPs) while participants use alternative tobacco products such as novel smokeless products, hookah, various other smoked products.

Pamela Clark

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP AVAILABLE IN BROAD-BASED TOBACCO CONTROL RESEARCH
The Center for Health Behavior Research at the University of Maryland College Park is seeking a postdoctoral fellow with an interest in tobacco research.  The University of Maryland is ideally situation near NIH, FDA and other major Federal facilities, offering opportunities for collaboration with some of the Nation's top scientists. Our research spans everything from point-of-purchase advertising and promotion and youth access to cessation, smoke chemistry and analysis of alternative tobacco products and their use including EEG responses to use of unique tobacco products.

Qualifications

> PhD in public health, epidemiology, chemistry, psychology, biology or neurobiology related discipline

> Interest in tobacco control

> Experience in conducting research (experience with tobacco research is a plus)

> Strong data analysis skills

> Superior academic achievement, typically of cumulative GPA 3.5  or higher

> Excellent organizational, planning, writing, and project management skills

> Excellent interpersonal skills

The fellow will be expected to play a lead role in managing studies, authoring manuscripts and applying for grant funding. There will be ample opportunities and superb mentoring for establishment of a robust independent research career.

Postdoctoral trainees will receive at minimum an annual salary commensurate with their experience.

Application Requirements

To be considered for this position, the following materials must be received:

1. Cover Letter explaining professional development goals and research focus

2. Resume or CV

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For information about the position and applying, contact Dr. Pamela I. Clark at clarkp at umd.edu<mailto:clarkp at umd.edu>

Pamela I. Clark, PhD
Research Professor
Department of Behavioral and Community Health