[Eeglablist] Unstable and inconsistent validation in SIFT

Tim Mullen mullen.tim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 11:42:21 PDT 2013

Stability here is a key factor. If the model is unstable, the
autocorrelation and multivariate portmanteau tests are not meaningful, as
some basic assumptions underlying the test are violated.
Any statistical results derived from an unstable model should be rejected.

On the other hand, it's possible that because you have a short time window
(and high model order), estimates of residual cross-correlation are poorly
estimated at larger time lags leading to bias in the whiteness tests.
How many cross-correlation time lags are being used for the whiteness tests
here?

Tim