[Eeglablist] R: Re: Epoching eeg data

Mikołaj Magnuski imponderabilion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 15:28:44 PDT 2013

Dear Stefania,
you are correct. By interpolating channels we are decreasing the linear
independency of the channels and this is where the rank-deficiency problem,
discussed several times on the list, emerges. It is better to interpolate
channels after ICA. Actually - EEGlab produces a warning when interpolation
is performed on data without ICA weights.

@Valeri
You are correct, but what Makoto was referring to is that any difference
between two ICA decompositions on identical data - but one in continuous
and other in epoched form - is not due to epoching (but the stochasticity
of ICA).