[Eeglablist] Options for bad reference (mastoid) channels

Becky Prince becky.prince at york.ac.uk
Thu Sep 26 05:28:06 PDT 2013

Dear Makoto,

Thanks for your response!

I'll be analyzing my data in channel space, so I'll go with average
referencing as you suggest.

Can you (or anyone else) please tell me whether to exclude bad channels
(including both mastoids and any others) before or after applying a common
average reference to the data?

Also, is it ok to re-reference to a common average after having completed
the following processing steps: 1) remove DC offset, 2) 0.1 high-pass
filter, 3) epoch the data?

Many thanks!
Becky

Becky Gilbert (nee Prince)