[Eeglablist] pop_eegplot v12 0 2 4b

Mikołaj Magnuski imponderabilion at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 05:13:29 PDT 2013

Dear Eduardo,

TMPREJ is M by N matrix
where M (the first dimension) is equal to number
data segments you marked for rejection (this should
be irrespective of your data format [continuous,
epoched])

for each row (that is segment marked for rejec-
tion) first column defines its start sample and se-
cond row the end sample). This information, if sa-
ved, should be enough to recover rejections at so-
me later time.

>From what I remember eeglab2fieldtrip exports eeglab
data as if they were epoched (going through slices in
the third dimension) and does not respect boundary
events nor rejection info.
Therefore if you plan to perform your analysis on epoched
data I would epoch the data in EEGlab and only then export
to FieldTrip (or continue analysis in EEGlab).

Saving the TMPREJ for each file you process could
be really useful - it takes much less space to save in-
formation on what to reject than saving the whole da-
ta with rejections applied. And if you then want to cha-
nge the highpass filtering for example - you filter you ori-
ginal data and apply the rejections from TMPREJ.